Yoga Teacher Training
The decision to become a yoga teacher comes from a love of yoga and the desire to share its life-changing rewards with others. If you have reached the point where you feel you are ready to share your passion and knowledge with others, or you simply want to deepen your own practice of yoga and yourself, then consider one of Santosha’s Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) Certification programs.
Santosha’s Yoga Mission Statement
Santosha Yoga honours everyone as a unique individual. As such, you are deserving of receiving the best quality experience possible. Our Yoga Teacher Trainings uphold a standard of excellence and devotion to the practice, while respecting individual needs. We are committed to creating a space of safety and respect that will acknowledge and allow each individual’s innate equanimity, truth, empathy and joy to grow through the process of learning. May all who pass through our courses feel a renewed sense of ease, vitality and enthusiasm for life. May all be blessed with health, compassion, love and always be free of suffering.
About Santosha Teacher Training
Santosha Yoga is a registered yoga school with Yoga Alliance at both the 200 hour and 500 hour levels. Santosha provides one of the most comprehensive yoga teacher trainings in the world; in addition to the 200, 300 and 500 hour teacher trainings, Santosha also provides prenatal, postnatal, children’s and teens’ yoga teacher trainings, as well as standup paddleboard (SUP) yoga teacher training. The unique way Santosha conducts these courses enables you to complete them, part-time or full-time, at various locations around the world. Santosha’s world-renowned instructors bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to all of our programs, to increase your knowledge of:
- Meditation and yoga nidra
- Yoga history and philosophy
- Anatomy and physiology
- Yoga postures, sequencing and adjustements
- The art of teaching yoga
- Business and marketing skills
- Yoga therapy
- Pre and postnatal yoga
- Children’s yoga
- Yoga for teenagers
- Kirtan and chanting
- The eight limbs of yoga
- The sutras
- The chakra system
- …and much more
Santosha’s courses are unlike any other. They are more than just trainings — they are life-changing personal journeys. The stunning locations where our courses are held will nourish your mind, body and soul, with beautiful scenery, healthy meals prepared with love, discounted massage therapies and access to fun and fulfilling activities like surfing and diving (Accommodation, treatments, activities and meals are not included in course fees). Take a look at our most popular training, the Santosha Level One Yoga Teacher Training here.
Why Our Courses Are Unique
- Our instructors are all E-RYT teachers, passionately providing the required hours of instruction with an advanced level of knowledge and expertise.
- We go above and beyond by providing unique modules: the principles of Ayurvedic Medicine and Yoga, Massage, Post/Prenatal Yoga, Women’s Issues and Yoga Therapy.
- Graduates can become Registered Yoga Teachers (RYTs) with Yoga Alliance. RYT designations are trusted symbols of knowledge, training, and experience. Being registered enhances your credibility as a teacher worldwide.
- We offer amazing opportunities to train with some of the most experienced teachers in the yoga community.
- We believe in high standards from our senior yoga teachers and follow the guidelines of the Yoga Alliance.
- We believe that teacher trainings should be accessible to the majority rather than a small minority, and that this “non greed” philosophy should be reflected in the cost to the student.
- We prioritize quality over quantity, so we keep our class sizes to an average of 18 students, with a maximum of 35 students per training.
- We can organise comfortable, fantastic accommodation for our students at a discounted rate.
- We provide opportunities for graduates to work at other Santosha retreats or teacher trainings.
- All graduates receive post-graduation support. We are always only an email away for questions and answers!